Chicagoland adults are active: Over 3 million attended a stage show, concert, art museum, bar or nightclub within the last month. As the 3rd largest city in the country, Chicago delivers a marketplace full of entertainment enthusiasts who are constantly looking for their next great adventure.
Chicagoland Entertainment Enthusiasts
- Over 30% are between the ages of 18-34
- $77,976 median household income
- Nearly 70% are employed full or part time
National Trends / Observations
- Computer crazy: Consumers head to their computers to be entertained by viral videos, music videos, and parodies from all different online origins.
- Pass the glasses: 3-D movies have become an accepted theater experience, with customers willing to pay more for 3-D movie tickets, and in-home 3-D experiences are also gaining momentum.
Base: 3,151,130 Adults who attended a stage show, concert, bar/night club, or art museum (past year). Sources: Scarborough, Chicago R1, 2010; National Trends / Observations compiled by Tribune Media Group Market Strategy from various sources.