Technology is a part of teens’ lives. They use technology to connect with friends, but not to replace them. They’re active and social, and they shape technology as much as technology shapes them. They are cost conscious and multi-taskers extraordinaire.
- Teens are avid users and shapers of technology.
- They seek to define their individuality through their purchases.
- Text messaging is their communication method of choice.
Audience at a Glance
- They rely on their phone: 75% of teens own a mobile phone and use text messaging – more than any other age group.
- They seek out entertainment: On average, teens and young adults have gone to 10 movies and 4 concerts in the past 12 months.
- They are “scanners”: Today’s teens are capable of reading through a text more quickly in order to find relevant information.
Activities / Behaviors
Sources: Compiled by Tribune Media Group Market Strategy from various sources.