Rapidly growing. Young. Family-oriented. The average Chicago Hispanic household is large and technologically savvy, spending a significant amount of time online and with their cell phones. Often bilingual, they cling to their heritage as much as they seek to be involved in their community.
Activities / Behaviors
- They rely on their phones: More likely to use pre-paid calling cards and / or go online.
- They invest in their homes: Over 60% more likely to invest in home improvements.
- They are eco-conscious: They are 51% more likely to perform eco-friendly activities.
National Trends / Observations
- More Hispanics are starting to rely on technology, giving marketing strategies new life.
- Community leaders and corporate America are working together, looking for ways to protect, empower & inspire Hispanics.
- Social media is providing opportunities of empowerment around social causes.
Base: 1,301,021 Hispanic Adults A18+. Sources: Scarborough, Chicago R1, 2010; National Trends / Observations compiled by Tribune Media Group Market Strategy from various sources.