Affluent Adults Audience
Career and family focused. Educated. Active. Always on-the-move, this group stays busy, balancing work, travel, entertainment and loved ones. Paying close attention to their future, they invest in stocks and bonds to ensure their family is financially secure.
Activities / Behaviors:
- They’re educated: 43% have a 4-year college degree
- They travel: 90% made at least one domestic trip in the past year
- They invest: 81% more likely to have some sort of investment in bonds
National Trends / Observations:
- Cultural differences affect how affluent adults use their money.
- More affluent consumers tend to base their spending off the value of their investments.
- Focus on enjoying their lifestyle without having to make any serious changes to their spending.
Base: 1,894,749 Adults HHI $100K+ / Sources: Scarborough, Chicago R1, 2010; National Trends / Observations compiled by Tribune Media Group Market Strategy from various sources.